Tuesday 6 May 2014

Let's Talk Blog Challenge | #2 Summer Essentials | My Summer Playlist

at 17:32

I'm so sorry that this post was late, I had it scheduled to post yesterday at 8, but something went wrong :( Anyway, Its here now and I hope you enjoy it and have a listen to some of the songs I mentioned.

 I can't believe it's week two already! The Let's Talk Blog Challenge is hosted by Sarah Hamersley from At The Beauty Desk, so have a look around her blog (it's one of my favourites!). Anyway, I have put together a little music playlist perfect for summer day on the beach or wherever you find yourself this summer :)

-♥-♥-♥-

1. Summer Paradise - Simple Plan And Sean Paul


This song is by amazing. It has such a lovely Caribbean feel, and I can just imagine singing this song on a lovely warm day by the sea. Since the song came out in 2012, I have been welcoming summer with this song, and it just feels like the perfect song to celebrate summer when it finally arrives in Ireland after what feels like eternal winter.

-♥-♥-♥-

2. SING - Ed Sheeran


I think that this song is more suited to a party atmosphere somehow. It's quite different to what you'd usually expect from Ed Sheeran, but nevertheless I love it. I can't wait for 'X' to be released on the 23rd of June, and the song I'm most looking forward to is 'Nina', as I have a feeling it's about Nina Nesbitt ;)

-♥-♥-♥-

3. Way In The World - Nina Nesbitt


Even though it's not one of Nina Nesbitt's newer songs, it's still one of my favourites. The lyrics are just so true and the song is so catchy! The music video is set on a beach, and I would just love to have beaches like that in Ireland. We don't have much boardwalks or seaside arcades over here... Anyway, this song is just so beautiful and summer-y that I had to include it in my playlist.

-♥-♥-♥-

4. Riptide - Vance Joy



I have adored this song since last September, and I haven't stopped listening to it since. I have to say I'm not a very big fan of the music video though. I love the concept of having the whole song portrayed literally, but the theme gets a bit too dark for me. The song id quite abstract, and I guess without the music video it would be quite hard to imagine what "all my friends are turning green" actually means.

-♥-♥-♥-

5. Big Bad World - Kodaline



I really wanted to have a Kodaline song in my summer playlist, but I couldn't decide on one. I chose this song at random, and I've started to love it even more than High Hopes. I think that it's so true like all of Kodaline's songs. I have read through some of the comments on the video, and people are comparing them to U2, saying that 'They are probably the best musicians that ever came out of Ireland'. I 100% agree :)


#LETSTALKBLOGCHALLENGE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Elle's Vogue Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos