Sunday 8 March 2015

The Root Of My Anxiety

at 13:43
Hey guys! Remember back in 2013 (wow, I know!) I did a post on one of my first ever panic attacks? Well, I've had quite a lot more since then, and I think I have become more... educated in the subject.  But anyway, I have found an amazing way to deal with my not-so-good moments of anxiety.

Have you read Zoella's book Girl Online? You should ♥. In the book, Penny- the main character, is told to picture her anxiety. Give it a colour, imagine it. This technique has helped me a lot. Penny's anexity is in her throat, gripping and strangling her, whereas mine is in my chest, restricting me and making me hyperventilate even worse. Enough about Girl Online- I'll do a full review of that some other time :)

I had another panic attack last week- climing a mountain of all places! I tried to imagine my anxiety in my chest, but under the circumstances I just couldn't. It got so bad my mum had to stop and turn around with me, as I wasn't getting any air into my lungs properly. It was terrifying! It hit me a few hours later. Nearly every time I have a panic attack, there is something happening to do with heights. Whether it climbing mountains, sand-dunes, aeroplanes or even other petty things.

Now that I've found the root of my anxiety, I feel that it's going to be a lot easier to handle them, as I can be a little more prepared than I would have been before.

Lots of love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Elle's Vogue Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos