Wednesday 22 April 2015

The Problem With Birthdays

at 22:31
Ok. It's my birthday tomorrow (the 23rd of April) and I know it's stupid, but I'm not a big fan of birthdays. It's not that I won't go to a party or anything- I don't mind other people's- it's just mine I don't really care for.

Some adults don't really like birthdays because they're older or whatever, and people think that's the case with me, but really it's not. 

I have a severe in confidence, and I hate anything that's all about me- hence why a day that my family and friends dedicate to me is a terrible situation.

When I was younger I loved it! All the presents, and friends and family gathered around (and the sweets of course), but over the last few years I've just fallen out of love with all the celebrations- and it kinda sucks.

I mean there's nothing I can really do about it- apart from force a smile and hide an embarrassed blush of course- but I just feel bad for putting people through such effort for me. I appreciate every effort, but I just feel too awkward to enjoy it y'know? 

I'm a bit of a social casualty :P

Anyway, kind of dreading my birthday tomorrow (technically in an hour, haha). Sorry for posting such an awfully personal post but I'm planning a birthday haul in a few days :D

Love you lots,

Elle :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Elle's Vogue Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos