Wednesday 26 March 2014

Battle Of The Moisturizers! Nivea VS Simple

at 21:03
It's been a while, I know, and I'm deeply sorry. My laptop has been taken away for repairs, and it's really hard to blog on an iPhone... Anyway, I'm working through it :)

-♥-♥-♥-




On The left we have the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Moisturizer, and on the right we have Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Moisturizer. I have very dry skin, so I moisturize every morning and every night, and I have chosen two of my favourite products :)


Round 1. Consistency

These two moisturizers have slightly different consistencies. The Nivea moisturizer is quite runny and liquidy, whereas the Simple moisturizer is much thicker. As it is easier to have moisturizer that doesn't run off your face, Simple wins Round 1.


Round 2. How Long Do They Take To Absorb?

(I don't know if absorb is the proper word for it, but basically how long they take to soak into your skin)

Because the Nivea moisturizer is runnier, the Simple moisturizer takes the shortest amount of time to soak into my skin. With the Nivea, it takes around five minutes for the stickiness to stop, but my face is still very shiny for a good ten minutes. The Simple moisturizer doesn't make my skin as shiny, and it usually absorbs within three minutes. Simple also wins Round 2.


Round 3. Price


Price is a key factor when choosing between all kinds of products. In Boots, the Nivea moisturizer is €6.99 / £5.25 for a bottle which contains 400ml of product, and the Simple moisturizer comes in at €3.99 / £3.99 for 125ml of moisturizer. Per 100ml, the Nivea moisturizer is €1,75 / £1.31, and the Simple moisturizer is €3.19 / £3.19. Nivea wins this round.


Round 4. Smell


When I buy moisturizers, I don't care about the smell. It's gone after half an hour, and it goes even quicker if you apply make-up over it. The Nivea moisturizer has a clean, fresh scent that is not very strong. The Simple moisturizer honestly smells like nothing. It has a slight smell that I can't name, but I'm not turned off by it. For me, Simple wins this round, but that's just my opinion :)



Round 5. Do They Really Work?


For all of 2013 I used the Nivea moisturizer, and I didn't notice much of a difference. I got a lot of redness, but that's probably beacuse I have very sensitive skin. I did continue to use it though, incase I just didn't see the results. I have been using the Simple moisturizer since I got it at Christmas, and I can see an improvement. I get less redness because the Simple range have no perfumes or any nasty chemicals to irritate my skin. My skin is also much softer and smoother. Simple wins Round 5.


So I guess with 4/5 Simple wins!
Have you ever tried the Simple range?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Elle's Vogue Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos