Friday 4 April 2014

Things Are Looking Up

at 00:24

2013 was not a great year for me. I was offered so many opportunities, but I didn't get accepted into any of them. My New Years resolution was to be optimistic, and stop being so negative about everything. I think it's been working :) 

2013 started of pretty well for me. My cousin had a baby on Christmas Eve, and I saw her for the first time in February 2013. From April things started going a bit downhill. I started getting more tests and more work in school, and I started getting a small bit stressed. I began to do worse in those tests, and as the month went on, my average was down from 96% to 85% (Still an A but you can see the difference). The next few months didn't get any better. I was still worrying and I started having panic attacks, but worse still i didn't know what they were until December. I had an un-eventful summer and everything seemed okay. In September my scores were getting as high as 92%, but still a bit off where I was at that time in 2012. This is when I auditioned for a pantomime. It sounds silly but I've always fancied a career in the performing arts, and I had a great time at the audition. I didn't get in. That was a huge disappointment, and it really damaged my self-esteem and my hopes of being an actress. Then in November I applied for something else (to do with music) and I didn't get accepted. I had no confidence left by then, and I decided that I'd never make it as a singer or an actress, and I gave up for a while. I started my blog in late December to give myself something to do and something to wake up and be happy about. This has worked and I can't believe all that I've accomplished in 2014 so far :)

I have gained over 400 followers in the space of a few months, and I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am for every single one of you. I have been getting better marks in school (I'm now back to a good 96%), and I've just been having a better year altogether.

This was probably the most boring blog post I've ever written, but I just wanted to let you know that because of this blog, because of every single follower, my life has changed for the better.

I know there's been a severe lack of posts recently, but I'm working on a top secret super exciting project :)

Thanks for reading!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Elle's Vogue Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos