Sunday 26 January 2014

Being That Ginger In The Room

at 19:48
I have strawberry blonde hair, and, like most people with red hair, I was teased through school. There is no real reason for people with red hair to be picked on, it just seems that society likes to torment anyone who's different. That needs to change. All of the ginger hate through my life made me feel quite depressed, but in my situation, everything worked out just fine.

Irish people tend to be very nice (not to boast XD) though children can still, like a lot of children, be... Ugh, you know...

Primary school was the worst (First 8 years of school from age 4/5 to 12/13). Most kids would look at me or say 'why do you have such wierd hair?'. It happens to many people, as 10% of Irish people have red hair. I wasn't utterly uncool (poor me), and I wasn't bullied by my more popular classmates, it was usually the rejects (Sorry!) that just wanted to annoy someone to make them feel better about themselves.

Secondary school got better (Next 6 years of school from age 12/13 to age 18/19- before uni/college), as almost everyone had grown out of their childishness- if that's a word :P- and had become more understanding, and realized that you can't help what you're born with and it's not your fault.

I've grown to accept my flaming red hair, and I have even started to receive compliments about my hair colour.

Elle xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Elle's Vogue Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos